Limoncello is an Italian lemon flavored liqueur. It gives this bundt cake a wonderful lemon flavor. I especially love the limoncello flavored glaze. I used store bought limoncello, but if you were interested in making your own, here is a recipe for homemade limoncello.
Limoncello Bundt Cake
Adapted from betsylife
- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp limoncello
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour your bundt pan.
- In your mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- Pour in the limoncello and mix until well blended.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, alternating with the milk, while mixing on low. Start and end with the flour mixture.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan, invert the pan to remove the cake.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and limoncello to make the glaze. If the glaze is too runny, add more powdered sugar. Pour the glaze over the cake and let it set before cutting.
*Use 2 tsp baking powder at sea level