These candied almonds are quite addictive. They would make a perfect homemade Christmas gift to coworkers or loved ones. Pour some in a glass jar or decorative tin and you have an easy gift that anyone would be happy to receive. My favorite part of making them is how wonderful they make your house smell.
Recipe modified from My Baking Addiction
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 pound whole almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet or large baking pan with parchment paper.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the egg white, vanilla extract and water together until frothy.
- Pour the almonds into your mixer bowl and stir until they are completely coated.
- In a small bowl combine both sugars, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the almonds and mix completely.
- Spread the almonds evenly on the baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for one hour or until the almonds are crunchy, not chewy. Stir the almonds 30 mins after putting them in the oven.