I wanted to start my fall baking off with a classic recipe. Nothing quite says it is autumn like pumpkin flavored treats. Who can resist a slice of pumpkin bread fresh out of the oven? This bread tastes great as is but the cinnamon glaze adds a little extra moisture and extra flavor. You could also top the bread with powdered sugar or a cream cheese icing. I don’t really think you can go wrong with pumpkin bread. I usually make my pumpkin bread plain but adding pecans or chocolate chips would also be delicious.
Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Glaze
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix just until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to your mixing bowl and stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pans before removing.
- While the bread is cooling prepare the icing. Pour the icing over the cooled loaves.
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp milk
- Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Pour in the milk and whisk until the glaze is smooth.
- You can add more milk or powdered sugar to obtain your desired consistency.