These mini cheesecakes look like a lot of work but they are very easy to make. I love the flavor of the Nutella in a cheesecake form.
Using a food processor makes this recipe very quick and easy. If you don’t have one, no big deal, you can still make these delicious mini cheesecakes. To prepare the crust, place the cookies in a heavy duty gallon size ziplock bag and crush them using a rolling pin. In a large bowl, mix the crumbs with the rest of the crust ingredients with a fork. For the filling, you can use a stand mixer instead of a food processor to blend the ingredients. You could also do it by hand although it would take a little longer to get everything nice and creamy. Either way, the cheesecakes will turn out wonderfully. The ganache is optimal for piping. After you remove it from the double boiler, let it cool for a little while, about 10 or 15 minutes. Make sure to whisk it every few minutes as it cools to keep it smooth. If you don’t have a piping bag you can use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off or just spoon it onto the cheesecakes. The ganache keeps its shape very well during piping and it will harden in the refrigerator. I hope you enjoy making these mini Nutella cheesecakes.
Mini Nutella Cheesecakes
Recipe from Food & Wine
Chocolate Hazelnut Crust Ingredients
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo cookies)
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. I used foil liners but paper should also work well. Spray the liners evenly with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine the cookies, hazelnuts and butter. Process until the mixture becomes very fine crumbs.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the crust mixture into each liner. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, press the crumbs to compact them. Bake for 5 minutes.
Nutella Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Wipe out the bowl of your food processor. Add the cream cheese, Nutella, sour cream, eggs and sugar. Process until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Fill the liners with the filling until it nearly reaches the top. Pop any bubbles on the surface with a toothpick. Bake for about 20 minutes. The cheesecakes will rise and have tiny cracks along the edges.
- Let the cheesecakes cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes or so. Remove them from the pan and place in the refridgerator to cool them completely.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melt the semisweet chocolate ships in a double boiler over medium heat.
- In a glass measuring cup heat the cream in your microwave, 10 seconds at a time until warm.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted whisk in the cream.
- Keep whisking occasionally as the ganache cools. Once the ganache has sufficiently cooled, spoon it into a piping bag.
- Decorate the cooled cheesecakes with the ganache. Keep the cheesecakes in your refrigerator until they are ready to serve.