I love oatmeal cookies. I especially love them when they have chocolate chips in them. This is by far my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe. It makes cookies that are a little crispy on the edges but nice and chewy on the inside.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In your mixer bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat the eggs in one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour in the vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the egg and sugar mixture until well combined, be careful to not over mix. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough in the palms of your hands and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes until the bottom edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool completely.
*This recipe should work at lower altitudes also, with no adjustments.