This cherry almond crisp tastes great straight out of the oven. It is even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Served in ramekins, everyone gets their own little portion.
Cherry Almond Crisp
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350º degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cherries, sugar, almond extract and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Spray 4 ramekins with non-stick spray. Divide cherry mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
- Using a fork or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until well blended.
- Add almond slices and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop topping into each ramekin. It might seem like the ramekins are too full but they will reduce as they cook.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.