Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite things to bake. I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand so I don’t need to make a special trip to the grocery store. Not much can top a warm cookie accompanied by a cool glass of milk.
I like to use two different kinds of chocolate chips for these cookies, milk and semisweet. Ghirardelli is my usual choice but you can use any brand. You can also add nuts if you like. I prefer the chocolate chips to have a nice time by themselves without a nut intrusion.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using your mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
- While mixing, add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the batter by hand, just until mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Space at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges turn golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool cookies for a few minutes on baking sheets, remove and finish cooling on wire rack.